Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.
1. The Clinical Bioinformatics Ontology™ (CBO®) is a semantically structured controlled vocabulary for clinical molecular diagnostics that addresses the need for consistent representation of clinically relevant molecular biological and cytogenetic entities in a standardized and machine readable format.
2. Cerner Corporation grants a royalty-free, perpetual right and license to use, copy and distribute the CBO, for any non-commercial purpose, subject to the conditions herein. Requests for information regarding a license for commercial use or redistribution of the CBO may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Each licensed copy of the CBO shall include this License and the version number of CBO. This License must appear on every printed copy of the CBO. When distributed on a machine readable storage medium, a copy of this License must be included on or with the storage medium, and a text file containing this information also must be stored on the storage medium in a file called "ClinicalBioinformaticsOntology_License.txt". If the CBO is distributed via a network such as the Internet, this License must be accessible on the same Internet page from which the CBO is available for download.
4. Users may freely modify the content of the CBO, database, or documentation. However any such modified content may not be identified or represented as being the CBO, database or documentation. Users are prohibited from using the CBO trademarks in conjunction with such modified content or work derived from the CBO, except to provide acknowledgement that the content was derived from the CBO.
5. Licensees may incorporate the entire CBO into another ontology or vocabulary database or software program. Each copy of the CBO distributed in conjunction with another database or software program must include the license information described in paragraph 3 above.
6. The only source of the CBO shall be Cerner Corporation. Licensees are encouraged to submit suggestions and comments regarding the CBO to email@example.com.
7. Clinical Bioinformatics Ontology and CBO are trademarks of Cerner Corporation. Licensees are prohibited from using these trademarks except to identify the CBO or content derived from the CBO. The trademarks Clinical Bioinformatics Ontology and CBO shall not be used in a way that could be interpreted as an endorsement or a promotion of any product or service without prior written permission of Cerner Corporation.
8. CERNER CORPORATION DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ANY OMISSIONS OR ERRORS IN THE CBO. THE CBO IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. IN NO EVENT SHALL CERNER CORPORATION OR CONTRIBUTORS TO THE CBO BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF CBO, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Copyright © 2016 Cerner Corporation. All rights reserved.