Cerner Middle East exhibits state-of-the-art IT healthcare solutions at Arab Health Congress 2014
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, January 19, 2014: Cerner Middle East, health care information technology (HIT) solution provider is set to demonstrate its broad portfolio of healthcare solutions at Arab Health 2014, the 39th edition of the largest healthcare exhibition and congress in the Middle East and Asia, January 27 to 30, 2014 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Center.
The timeliness of the event complements the current vibrancy of the Middle East region’s healthcare industry in general and the UAE segment in particular. In fact, a recent study made by RNCOS forecasts that the UAE’s healthcare industry is poised to grow by 16 per cent in 2014, or an equivalent of USD 14.6 million.
The study further reveals that the UAE’s per capita healthcare spending--which is the second highest among GCC nations—is also expected to grow by five per cent next year. Looking to play a major role in this predicted growth; Cerner will feature its exclusive range of IT solutions for health care services during the four-day exhibition, which include:
- PowerChart Oncology, a solution that collects and integrates clinical information to support the specific needs of oncology care;
- PowerChart Maternity, a system that creates a single maternity care reference point allowing obstetrical nurses in the acute setting to document and access real-time data at the point of care to enhance clinical decision-making;
- Capacity Management, Registration and Scheduling, enables tracking, managing, and optimizing the flow and alignment of people and resources throughout a health care organization.
- CareCompass – manages all patient care from documentation to closed loop medication administration in the care environment;
- Care Admin, a solution that ensures positive patient identification and safe administration of medication;
- Executive Dashboard, a real time dashboard as well as a patient flow solution that includes discharge, staffing and clinical outcomes from admission to transition to the next level of care;
- Emergency Medicine Solutions, for helping the emergency department provide safe care efficiently;
- PowerChart Touch™, a mobile solution that enables physicians to perform workflows from mobile devices like Apple’s iPad.
Mike Pomerance, Vice President and Managing Director, Cerner Middle East & Africa, said: “Arab Health is one of the longest-running healthcare exhibitions in the Middle East and Asia, and by participating in this premier event; it will offer us a vast platform to demonstrate our latest health care solutions to the Arab World. Cerner is committed to develop and provide the most advanced solutions and services to improve the quality of healthcare globally. Our solutions will offer long-term benefits to health care facilities as well as professionals along with improvement in the quality of treatment for patients.”
Arab Health 2014 will also organize Arab Health Congress 2014, the region's leading provider of medical education. The Congress will hold 19 conferences which will provide the opportunity to earn valuable Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits. The exhibition will see visitors, delegates and industry professionals from all across the world. Complete information is available at http://www.arabhealthonline.com.
Cerner is contributing to the systemic change of health and care delivery. For more than 30 years Cerner has been executing its vision to make health care safer and more efficient. We started with the foundation of digitizing paper processes and now offer the most comprehensive array of information software, professional services, medical device integration, remote hosting and employer health and wellness services. Cerner systems are used by everyone from individual consumers, to single-doctor practices, hospitals, employers and entire countries. Taking what we’ve learned over more than three decades, Cerner is building on the knowledge that is in the system to support evidence-based clinical decisions, prevent medical errors and empower patients in their care.
Cerner® solutions are licensed by approximately 10,000 facilities around the world, including more than 2,700 hospitals; 4,150 physician practices; 45,000 physicians; 550 ambulatory facilities, such as laboratories, ambulatory centers, behavioral health centers, cardiac facilities, radiology clinics and surgery centers; 800 home health facilities; 45 employer sites and 1,750 retail pharmacies.
Certain trademarks, service marks and logos (collectively, the “Marks”) set forth herein are owned by Cerner Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and certain other countries throughout the world. All other non-Cerner Marks are the property of their respective owners. Nasdaq: CERN. For more information about Cerner, please visit www.cerner.ae and Twitter.
Cerner Middle East Media Contact: Vivian Gendy, +971 4 375 4894, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cerner Investors Contact: Allan Kells, (816) 201-2445, email@example.com