A single platform designed to enable cleaner claims, improve communication and speed up reimbursement.
We’ve built our clinical and financial solutions on a single platform, which reduces the need for foreign interfaces and enables a single point of accountability.
- Integrate communication between billing and clinical teams to help improve process efficiencies (users can see patient financial data and, with appropriate security, link directly to the chart for any necessary reviews)
- Leverage functionality like work queues to help manage collections
- Manage denials, variances and appeals in a single workflow (enhanced functions available when integrated with our contract management solution)
- Track financial performance across your entire system
- Quickly post payments to view a patient’s account status
- Store and retrieve documents electronically using imaging technology
Near real-time charge capture based on clinical activity.
- Create charges based on clinical documentation
- Route charges automatically
- Transform charges to handle state and payer requirements
- Determine charge information (e.g. prices, CPTs, revenue codes, etc.) by tiering logic based on specific criteria (insurance plans, encounter types and location)
Advancing the claims process.
- Remove the need for foreign interfaces to Cerner’s clinical systems
- Support payer billing requirements with flexible claim rules
- Push assignments to your billing staff using automated work queues, allowing them to prioritize their work
- Create custom workflows based on business office needs
- Send statements and letters automatically to patients and payers using Cerner’s correspondence service
Manage your payer contracts
- Manage the life cycle of a reimbursement contract
- Leverage a variety of reimbursement calculations and claim qualifying types
- Re-price historical claims in near-real time and post them back to a patient account
- Access more than 30 federal, state and commercial prospective payment systems
Can I access the patient chart directly if I need to review specific clinical information related to a claim?
Our billing, claims and contract management solutions can integrate communication between billing and clinical teams to improve process efficiencies. Users can see patient financial data and, with appropriate security, link directly to the chart for any necessary reviews.
Our Revenue Cycle Operational Reporting tracks performance across your entire system.
With Cerner Patient Accounting, you have the ability to push assignments to your billing staff using automated work queues, allowing them to prioritize their work. Additionally, you can create custom workflows based on business office needs.
With Cerner Contract Management, you have the ability to re-price historical claims in near-real time and post them back to a patient account.
Connect Cerner’s electronic health record (EHR) to the revenue cycle to fuel a clinically driven revenue cycle system. With the evolution of the reimbursement model, bundled payments and others, efficient management of care has never been more important.
Streamline HIM workflows. Accessing information and completing tasks through seamless integration with Cerner’s EHR impacts coder effectiveness and coding efficiencies. In order to avoid delays, your care team needs streamlined workflows, processes and efficiencies to deliver quality health care through quality information.
Information is powerful. Getting complete and accurate information from patients at the point-of-service is a necessary step to help manage your organization's cash flow. From the point-of-service, manage a patient's identity by creating a single patient record with a complete picture of the patient's health and financial information.
RCM services help address the complex challenges of managing financial operations. From short-term project support to long-term engagements, we’ve designed our services to meet the unique needs of all venues of care. As our industry shifts from volume to value, we are committed to helping our clients thrive by preparing for regulatory changes to optimize reimbursement, while providing the highest quality care.
Leverage document management across the EHR – enabling integrated workflows within Cerner Millennium®. Cerner's Enterprise Document Management solutions provide health care organizations the ability to automate document-intensive processes and create comprehensive electronic records for the enterprise. These integrated solutions allow organizations to incorporate paper and electronic documentation directly into the patient's chart in real time.