Automating workflows within one patient record across your organization helps increase staff efficiencies and collect appropriate reimbursement.
Enhance the quality of physician documentation through integration:
- Automate workflows for utilization management, clinical documentation specialists (CDS) and discharge care management.
- Aggregate data and documentation to perform tasks within Cerner’s electronic health record (EHR).
- Electronically share patient information in real time across the care team.
- Positively impact the reduction in readmission rates, avoidable delays and retrospective denials through quality documentation.
Manage a patient’s length of stay:
- Sort patient lists from one screen based on desired workflow to manage resource utilization and assist in care coordination.
- Perform timely clinical reviews with patient information and encounters in context and within the same medical record as the provider.
- Complete reviews with embedded inpatient criteria and level of care criteria, based on clinical documentation from one system.
- Share completed review and parts of the medical record with the payer for authorization.
Automate the clinical documentation specialist workflow:
- Capture quality clinical documentation prior to discharge for appropriate reimbursement.
- Compare the working review DRG with the possible review to justify a more specific diagnosis grouping.
- Determine patient severity of illness and risk of mortality to accurately reflect disease burden of the population being treated.
- Receive physician query response notifications and take action from one electronic system.
Automate the search for appropriate and available care:
- Reduce manual entry and two-system workflow.
- Match patients with available and appropriate post-acute care based on key clinical and secondary services and quality ratings.
- Gain insight into the efficiency of hospital teams and external providers with proactive reporting capabilities.
Cerner Acute Case Management has been designed to connect clinical and financial information across the organization in an effort to decrease readmission rates, increase staff efficiencies and improve quality of care rate.
Our case management solutions support the case management department in three areas: utilization management, clinical documentation improvement and discharge care management.
Cerner’s Clinically Driven Revenue Cycle™ enables administrators, care teams and coders alike to pull from a single patient record and take advantage of clinical automation that helps them reduce traditional (i.e. manual) revenue cycle functions. This allows the organization to capture quality documentation upstream and accurately code strong, complete clinical evidence to reduce delays and receive appropriate reimbursement, meet quality care initiatives and deliver optimal patient outcomes.
Electronically monitor, support and manage health information of all types for a comprehensive, secure medical record.
Cerner understand the challenges of managing hospital operations today and offer solutions to help improve the patient’s entire throughput journey by coordinating the right caregiver with the right patient at the right place and the right time.
Information is powerful. Getting complete and accurate information from patients at the point-of-service is a necessary step to help manage your organization's cash flow. From the point-of-service, manage a patient's identity by creating a single patient record with a complete picture of the patient's health and financial information.
RCM services help address the complex challenges of managing financial operations. From short-term project support to long-term engagements, we’ve designed our services to meet the unique needs of all venues of care. As our industry shifts from volume to value, we are committed to helping our clients thrive by preparing for regulatory changes to optimize reimbursement, while providing the highest quality care.
Leverage document management across the EHR – enabling integrated workflows within Cerner Millennium®. Cerner's Enterprise Document Management solutions provide health care organizations the ability to automate document-intensive processes and create comprehensive electronic records for the enterprise. These integrated solutions allow organizations to incorporate paper and electronic documentation directly into the patient's chart in real time.