Our patient access solutions streamline information across your organization.
Push revenue cycle to the point of services. With our single-platform approach across clinical and financial systems, we’ve embedded core EDI services like verifying a patient’s address, checking eligibility and benefits and validating medical necessity checks within the registration workflow.
- Automate observation charging based on clinical activity
- Easily manage resources when clinical orders are integrated with Cerner Scheduling Management
- Collect payments at the point of service with near-real-time posting into Cerner Patient Accounting
Cerner Scheduling Management coordinates appointment scheduling across an integrated or disparate health system. It automates the appointment scheduling process from both centralized and decentralized booking locations within a department, and/or a facility. This setting may consist of one to many physical locations, each united by a common environment.
- Manage scheduling across multiple facilities and schedule a series of appointments
- Validate medical necessity at serval points in the workflow
- Prevent adverse appointment and procedure interactions
- Easily move appointments around in a single view
The Cerner Registration Management solution was designed to help automate the workflow and process of registration, admitting, transfers and discharges. It creates the encounter and a master person index (MPI) that becomes the basis for coordinating the person’s movement across an integrated or disparate health system. Register patients using an integrated workflow with embedded transaction services.
- Collect co-pay or payments on outstanding balances prior to care being delivered
- Validate eligibility and benefits in near-real time or batch functionality
- Manage your staff’s workload with interactive work lists
Cerner and Experian Health have created a strategic partnership that will support patient financial clearance activities for your organization and the patients you serve. Our suite of solutions and services are equipped with user-friendly workflows and reporting functions that efficiently and accurately help your organization confidently determine an appropriate financial pathway for every patient in near real-time.
- Validate that the patient’s address is valid and deliverable
- Determine a patient’s propensity to pay by estimating income and household size
- Screen for charity and other financial assistance programs
- Provide patients with a bill estimate prior to their visit
- Automatically send admission notification to payers
Manage a patient’s identity with a facility-wide offering that enables storage and maintenance of your patients’ data, including demographic, relationship, guarantor, employer and insurance information. EMPI facilitates the integrity of a single-person record and enables the end user to find the right person at the right time, while helping to reduce as many duplicate person records as possible.
- One patient record and financial view that can be shared across clinic and hospital venue
- Create a central repository across your facility for patient demographic, relationship, guarantor, employer and insurance information
The Cerner Patient Kiosk is a patient-facing solution that engages patients in the registration process. Our self-serve solution allows patients to check in for appointments, view and update demographics and insurance information and complete registration forms.
- Patients are able to swipe credit card or manually enter their demographic data to identify themselves
- Patients can view appointment information, confirm it’s correct and check in for their appointment
- Forms requiring signatures are presented to the patient and once signed are stored into the patient’s EHR
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a Cerner client I can speak with to learn more about their experience using Cerner solutions?
Yes, if you are interested in speaking with other Cerner clients with these solutions and services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patient Kiosk is now available. Ask about how you can get one for your organization.
Yes, with Cerner’s single-platform approach across clinical and financial systems, we’ve embedded core EDI services like verifying a patient’s address, checking eligibility and benefits and validating medical necessity checks within the registration workflow.
As reimbursement changes become a reality, your organization needs a strong financial foundation in order to succeed. Our integrated billing, claims and contract management solutions enable your organization to verify expected reimbursements and manage any variances and denials right within your workflow.
Connect Cerner’s electronic health record (EHR) to the revenue cycle to fuel a clinically driven revenue cycle system. With the evolution of the reimbursement model, bundled payments and others, efficient management of care has never been more important.
Streamline HIM workflows. Accessing information and completing tasks through seamless integration with Cerner’s EHR impacts coder effectiveness and coding efficiencies. In order to avoid delays, your care team needs streamlined workflows, processes and efficiencies to deliver quality health care through quality information.
RCM services help address the complex challenges of managing financial operations. From short-term project support to long-term engagements, we’ve designed our services to meet the unique needs of all venues of care. As our industry shifts from volume to value, we are committed to helping our clients thrive by preparing for regulatory changes to optimize reimbursement, while providing the highest quality care.
Leverage document management across the EHR – enabling integrated workflows within Cerner Millennium®. Cerner's Enterprise Document Management solutions provide health care organizations the ability to automate document-intensive processes and create comprehensive electronic records for the enterprise. These integrated solutions allow organizations to incorporate paper and electronic documentation directly into the patient's chart in real time.