The health care industry is constantly and rapidly changing. And as technology changes, so do the roles and processes within an organization. In this episode of The Cerner Podcast, Dick Flanigan, president of Cerner Health Services and senior executive for ITWorks, shares his insights on the importance of cultural change and inspiring the next generation of IT leaders.
In this episode, Dick answers the following questions:
- Health IT is rapidly changing. How are organizations keeping up with these changes and what are they looking for when it comes to strategic partnerships?
- What is the importance of a cohesive, connected information technology system?
- How do we get to high reliability in health care?
- Health care organizations can have the best technology, and hire the best people, but culture is the foundation. Speak to the importance of a strong leadership team to drive cultural change.
- You often talk about the importance of continuous learning, and "being a student" of health care and technology. What impact does this have on our industry now and the next generation of IT health leaders?
Listen to the full podcast below, or click here to view all episodes of The Cerner Podcast!