Canada Health Infoway mentions that “Currently, different clinical solutions most likely cannot communicate or send secure messages, leading to poor collaboration.” Specifically, Infoway mentions that the sharing of patient summaries is of utmost importance.1
Access to relevant and timely health data to drive coordinated patient care is crucial, and yet not all electronic health record (EHR) systems facilitate open collaboration with other systems and third parties. In fact, some providers report their EHR is even making interoperability harder.2 Providers want to promote connectivity and collaborate across acute and primary care systems to get the most comprehensive view of their patients at the time of care.
Interoperability makes data flow freely using standards, network connections and nationwide exchange to give clinicians access to relevant information regardless of source and support data sharing across the continuum. With a more complete picture of the person, Cerner helps empower clinicians to make better care decisions and plan appropriate care.
Cerner Health Information Exchange
Cerner Health Information Exchange allows providers to view and exchange patient data, regardless of their EHR.
Cerner Ignite APIs℠ allow your organization to integrate apps directly into your workflows at the point of care.
Cerner Interoperability empowers clinicians with intuitive access to data that helps inform care decisions.
- Allows for interoperability between systems and providers, regardless of EHR, with data infused directly into the workflow
- Helps provide clinicians with access to information intended to assist with safe, effective care for patients and minimize gaps or errors in patient history
- Supports insights into the full healthcare picture of the patient, which helps the clinician make informed decisions efficiently at point of care
- Provides seamless patient care through better communication
- Streamlines and connects disparate data while making it more meaningful and usable
Cerner Ignite APIs enable organizations to:
- Integrate applications
- Use FHIR-based standards to send or retrieve data to update an individual’s record
- Provide collective data that can be used to create reports
- Spur innovation and collaboration among a broad community of developers, enabling the creation of new technology to unlock opportunities to advance healthcare
"Cerner has played a huge role in interoperability, and we've been able to take advantage of that. We are fortunate that we've been able to collaborate with Cerner on a lot of the interoperability initiatives."
- Bernie Reid, VP of Information Technology, CIO, Torrance Memorial Medical Center