Hospital Marina Salud de Dénia (Alicante, Spain) is the first organisation to receive a Davies Award outside of the US. Both Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias (Oviedo, Spain) and Hospital Universitario Son Espases (Palma de Mallorca, Spain) are recipients of HIMSS Stage 6.
These certifications demonstrate a high level of automation and technological adoption, with proven results in improving patient safety, care delivery, and optimisation of care processes.
Clinical processes boosted in Hospital de Dénia!
Hospital de Dénia is the healthcare centre with the most advanced EMR in Europe. Very impressive benefits have already been realised.
- Standardisation of care has resulted in a 35% reduction in hospitalisations for congestive heart failure patients. Additionally, admission and readmission rates of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease have also decreased from 21% to 15%.
- Digitised workflows have contributed to a reduction in treatment waiting times, with a 42% reduction for uterus and breast cancer cases.
- Deaths from sepsis went down by 36%, thanks to the implementation of Cerner sepsis algorithm.
“Marina Salud has always sought excellence of care, and winning the HIMSS Davies Enterprise Award confirmed that we are working in the right direction”, said Vicent Moncho, Chief Information Officer at Marina Salud.
Two new hospitals are joining the HIMSS Stage 6 club!
HIMSS Stage 6 endorses hospitals that have a patient-centric EMR fully integrated in all the departments.
- The Hospital Universitario Son Espases (Mallorca), providing healthcare services for Balearic Islands, has achieved Stage 6. Additionally, the Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias providing healthcare services for Asturias has achieved Stage 6 just 10 months after go-live.
- They are now part of a small group of thirty European hospitals who are leaders in innovation and application of IT to significantly improve patient safety.
- With Clínica Las Condes, in Chile, also at HIMSS Stage 6, all hospitals with the Cerner Millennium EMR in the Spanish language have been recognised by HIMSS.
High profile award ceremony
The award ceremony took place in Riga as part of eHealth Week 2015. It was attended by Toomas Hendrik Ilves (President of the Republic of Estonia), Guntis Belevics (Minister for Health of Latvia), Vytenis Andriukaitis (Commissioner for Health in the European Commission), Günther H. Oettinger (Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society in the European Commission), and Stephen Lieber (President of HIMSS).
Vicent Moncho, Chief Information Officer, accepted the Davies Award given to Marina Salud. Antonio Moragues (Subdirector of Information Systems) and Joan Marqués (Information Service Manager) accepted the HIMSS 6 recognition on behalf of Hospital Universitari Son Espases. Miguel Javier Rodríguez (Hospital Director) and Alberto Ibarra (Information Systems Manager) were there representing Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias.
Congratulations to all three clients!
Feel free to contact CernerReferenceManagement@cerner.com to request a visit to any three of these sites to see how they are using IT to transform healthcare.