Cerner announced that 21 of its associates recently earned the distinction of board certification in health care management as Fellows of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE®). The American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) is one of the leading professional societies for health care leaders in the nation. The Cerner associates were recognized this week at the Convocation Ceremony at ACHE 2018 Congress on Healthcare Leadership in Chicago.
The FACHE credential represents high achievement and standards of professional development and only around 9,175 health care executives have earned the distinction. This class brings the total number of Cerner executives whom are Fellows of ACHE to 39.
“The health care management field plays a vital role in providing high-quality care to the people in our communities, which makes having a standard of excellence promoted by a professional organization critically important,” said Deborah J. Bowen, FACHE, CAE, president and CEO, ACHE. “By being board-certified in health care management as an ACHE Fellow, health care leaders demonstrate their commitment to excellence in serving their patients and communities.”
To earn the FACHE credential, candidates must fulfill multiple requirements, including meeting academic and experiential criteria, earning continuing education credits, demonstrating professional and community involvement and passing a comprehensive examination. Fellows are also committed to ongoing professional development and are required to undergo recertification every three years.
“Continuing education and professional development are paramount for excellence in an evolving health care industry,” said Zane Burke, president, Cerner. “Cerner continues to be a strong supporter of the ACHE Fellowship program, and the dedication our associates exemplify in becoming Fellows speaks to their ability to lead with intent in an era of transformative change. This distinction signifies both experience and expertise, and brings with it credibility in understanding how Cerner can work with our clients to face the challenges and opportunities ahead.”
The 2018 class of Cerner executives who earned the FACHE credential includes:
- Regan Baron, MHA, RN, vice president, Sales Alignment
- Bret Borota, MBA, senior director, Solution Lifecycle Management
- Jerry Chamberlain, MS, RN, vice president and alignment executive
- David Cohen, MBA, vice president, Intellectual Property Development
- Justin Dickey, MBA, director and client accountable executive
- John Dreager, PhD, vice president and partner
- Melissa Hendricks, MBA, vice president, Marketing Strategy
- Cheryl Hertel, MBA, RN-BC, vice president and client leader
- Kim Hlobik, MBA, senior vice president, Ambulatory and Physician Services
- Durenda Juergensen, MHA, RN, director and chief nursing officer, Hospital Operations
- Nate Kelly, MBA, senior director, Hospital Operations
- Chris Lewis, MD, director and chief medical officer
- Scott Martin, MBA, vice president, Global Operations
- Cree McMains, MHA, vice president and client operations executive
- Darin Rezac, MBA, vice president and client operations executive
- Daryl Sanford, MBA, senior director and client accountable executive
- Kevin Seabaugh, MBA, vice president and sales leader
- Susan Stiles, MHA, MBA, RN, director and solution executive, Oncology
- Darinda Sutton, MSN, RN-BC, vice president and chief nursing officer, Primer Focus
- Bryce Turnbull, MBA, vice president, Enterprise Imaging and CareAware Meds Process
- Melinda Wagner, MBA, RN, senior director and client partner
Cerner has been a Premier Corporate Partner of the ACHE since 2015. For more information regarding the FACHE credential, please contact the ACHE Customer Service Center at (312) 424-9400, email email@example.com or visit ache.org/FACHE.