In 2016, Cerner brought together a group of clients to define the Essential Clinical Dataset (ECD) for adult hospital admissions. In a nutshell, the ECD decreases the number of patient registration questions to only what’s most necessary. The ECD initiative has since grown to help adult behavioral health care teams be more effective in capturing and communicating the multifaceted needs of their patients.
In this episode, Sue Lundquist, director and regional clinical executive at Cerner, talks to Lori Dunivan, a regional nursing informatics officer for Northern Light Health. The health care system was an early member of the ECD client collaborative and is now part of the ECD collaborative for behavioral health.
Listen as Lori answers these questions:
- How has participating in the ECD collaborative impacted Northern Light’s approach to nursing optimization?
- What is the significance of the ECD effort within the behavioral health setting?
- What are some guiding principles to ensure successful nursing engagement and adoption of the ECD?
- How does the ECD initiative fit within Northern Light’s behavioral health journey?
- How will the ECD behavioral health admission history influence patient outcomes in the future?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."