In this episode, Shanna Adamic, executive director of Cerner’s First Hand, joins us during Brain Tumor Awareness Month to share her personal story of being a brain tumor survivor and the important role that telehealth – and her own advocacy – played in her journey.
- How did your journey progress from the symptoms you experienced through making the decision to get surgery?
- What do people need to know about this disease?
- How did telehealth play a role in the care you received for your brain tumor?
- What were your virtual visits like? How did you build a relationship with your provider and stay engaged in your care remotely?
- What has life been like for you as a brain tumor survivor?
- What key message would you like to tell others who are currently facing a brain tumor diagnosis?
Hear the podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."
More like this: