In this episode, recorded during Hispanic Heritage Month, we’re joined by Oliver Trejo and Luci DeLoach, co-chairs of the Hispanic/Latinx Descent Associate Business Resource Group at Cerner.
Tune in to hear Oliver and Luci answer these questions:
- Hispanic Heritage Month has been celebrated in the U.S. for over 50 years. Broadly, what strides have been made in the last five decades for the Hispanic and Latinx communities in hiring at health care organizations and in improving access to quality care?
- What challenges do Hispanic and Latinx people face when seeking health care services? How can providers and organizations create more welcoming environments and improve the patient experience for Hispanic and Latinx communities?
- How is the current movement for social and civil change impacting Hispanic and Latinx communities? How does this transfer to increasing diversity, inclusion and equity in health care and tech workplaces?
- How do your roles at Cerner help make a difference for the Latinx and Hispanic populations and/or in increasing diversity overall at Cerner?
- What are your top priorities for the Cerner Hispanic/Latinx Descent Associate Business Resource Group, and how will you measure success?
Listen to the podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."
More like this:
- Ep. 184: Empowering people with disabilities in health care and tech - Listen time: 17:27
- Ep. 181: Advancing LGBTQIA diversity, equity and inclusion in health care and tech - Listen time: 17:27
- Ep. 168: Advancing diversity, inclusion and equity for women in health and tech - Listen time: 14:56