In this episode, we honor Pride Month with Nick Vargo and Crystal Denson, co-chairs of the Cerner LGBTQIA associate business resource group. The group empowers lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, intersex, asexual and allied associates to connect, ask questions and share support.
Listen to Nick and Crystal answer these questions:
- What does Pride Month mean to you, and why is it important for the LGBTQIA community to be recognized in this way?
- What barriers to health care services do LGBTQIA people face? How can health care organizations and providers create more LGBTQIA-friendly environments?
- What’s it like to be an LGBTQIA professional in the health care IT industry? What are some of the ways the industry is making progress in diversity, inclusion and equity, and where does work still need to be done?
- What resources and organizations are available to connect and advance LGBTQIA people in the health care and tech fields?
- What are your goals and priorities for Cerner’s LGBTQIA associate business resource group? What’s your vision for the future and how will you measure success?
Hear the podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."