In this episode, we’re joined by Cerner’s Meg Marshall, senior director and government strategist, and Dick Flanigan, senior vice president over policy and regulatory. They share their expertise on what’s in the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology’s final interoperability and information blocking rules and Cerner's continued commitment to interoperability and adhering to the new requirements.
Listen to Meg and Dick answer these questions:
- At a high level, what do the rules include, and what are some of the key points for each?
- Why is Cerner such a big supporter of these efforts to advance interoperability and patient access?
- How is Cerner preparing to comply, and help clients comply, with these new regulations?
- How can the health care industry balance the interest of safe, secure data exchange with the rights of patients to get their information in a usable form?
- How will these rules impact the industry going forward?
Hear the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."
Read more in support of the free flow of patient data in health care.