In this episode, Dr. Jigar Patel, vice president and CMO, Cerner Government Services, talks to Dr. Matt Miller, acting director for suicide prevention, Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention, and Dr. Stephen Hunt, national director of VA’s Post-Deployment Integrated Care Initiative. Their conversation covers these questions:
- Why are opioid abuse and suicide prevention often addressed together? How have VA and Cerner worked together to build VA’s new EHR for the betterment of these two issues?
- What are the biggest challenges that VA is facing today around Veteran suicide prevention and opioid and pain management?
- How will VA’s work with Cerner extend beyond Veteran care?
- What is Care Pathway and how will it assist providers in their Veteran care decisions?
- How will the shift to the new EHR system in VA influence how we talk about prevention?
- What are some of the future possibilities in the new EHR?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."