In this December 17 American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) webinar, leaders from Boston Children’s and Truman Medical Centers shared insights for preparing your healthcare system for this next phase of COVID-19 and administering the vaccines. Facilitated by Eva Karp, FACHE, SVP and Chief Clinical and Patient Safety Officer of Cerner, the discussion highlighted some of the operational and clinical aspects of implementing vaccines.
In this panel discussion, hear two different perspectives – a large pediatric health system that has been deploying flu vaccinations as part of a broader state initiative and a regional hospital that has created an extensive playbook for the COVID-19 vaccine based on their state mandate and CDC playbooks.
- Learn how to incorporate the CDC playbook guidelines for COVID-19 vaccine distribution in your community.
- Explore methods your organization can use to create an action plan on state mandates for vaccine rollout.
- Discover how one health system will repurpose a current workflow for the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Eva Karp, DHA, RN-BC, FACHE, Senior Vice President/ Chief Clinical and Patient Safety Officer, Cerner
- Katie Korte, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP, Director, Pharmacy, Truman Medical Center Lakewood
- Heather Gleason, MSCIS, Senior Director IT Applications, Truman Medical Centers
- Brenda Dodson, PharmD, Clinical Integration Architect, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Kathy Morgan-Gorman, DNP, Senior Nursing Director, Ambulatory Medicine, Boston Children’s Hospital