Cerner President Donald Trigg appeared on a recent episode of the American Hospital Association’s (AHA) podcast to talk about the role of data in helping health care organizations achieve scale and meaningful impact for their patients.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
Tune in to hear Donald discuss these key points:
- Healthcare trends, like regulatory stimulus, aging populations, Medicaid expansion and COVID-19, underscore the importance of a comprehensive data strategy for hospitals and health systems.
- To develop an effective data strategy, the starting point is always to define the business objectives. From there, you can determine the data assets needed to execute against those goals.
- Data can support decision-making at both a broad level and in individual patient-provider interactions. Big data sets can help provider organizations identify opportunities and align strategies across a variety of stakeholders. It is also an essential tool for providers who are making decisions about care.
- To become data-driven organizations, hospitals and health systems must have the technical abilities to ingest, process and analyze data, but they also must have a culture that is focused on solving problems using data as a tool.
- Effective data strategies will be a differentiator for hospitals and health systems in the next few years. Those who leverage data to understand the consumer and deploy strategies to meet and exceed people’s expectations will stand out.
Cerner's strategic analytics solutions help care organizations discover new insights through aggregated and normalized data from across the health continuum. Learn more here.