2020 marks 30 years since the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). In this episode, we talk to Andrea Fox and Blake Richardson, co-chairs of the Cerner associate business resource group for people with disabilities. The group empowers associates with disabilities to connect, ask questions and share support.
Listen to Andrea and Blake answer these questions:
- What does the ADA mean to you, and why is this milestone important for everyone to recognize?
- What barriers do people with disabilities face when seeking health care services? How can providers and organizations create more welcoming environments and improve access to care?
- What are some of the ways the industry is making progress in diversity, inclusion and equity? What work still needs to be done to increase the hiring and retention of people with disabilities?
- What progress do you hope will have been made 30 years from now on the 60th anniversary of the ADA?
- What resources and organizations are available to connect and advance people with disabilities in the health care and tech fields?
- What are your goals and priorities for the Cerner associate business resource group for people with disabilities?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."