Across the industry, providers are seeking ways to enhance workflows, improve patient safety and achieve optimal staffing for nurses, the largest user group in health care. Standing on the frontlines of health and care, nurses are increasingly leveraging innovative strategies that promote better outcomes inside and outside the four walls of the hospital.
On this episode of Perspectives on Health and Tech, we are joined by Danielle Siarri, a registered nurse with experience ranging from the hospital setting of transplants and trauma to case manager in a corporate environment. Danielle has a Master of Science in Nursing Informatics from the University of Pittsburgh and is the lead publisher at InnoNurse, a source for nursing informatics news and insights. Danielle answers the following questions regarding the role of nursing informatics in care today:
- What is your professional background and what led you from your start as a nurse to focusing on health information and technology?
- What is the biggest challenge in health care, specifically as it relates to nursing and informatics? What efforts are being made to overcome this obstacle?
- How are emerging technologies enabling caregivers to view patients in a more holistic manner?
- What are the next steps in improving the patient-provider relationship?
- As we look to the next generation of nurses and caregivers, the role of technology, and specifically EHR workflows, is as important as ever. What will you be focused on over the next one to five years?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of Perspectives on Health and Tech.