To continue the advancement of high-quality care in today’s health care landscape, providers require greater collaboration and data exchange than ever before.
In this episode of The Cerner Podcast, we're joined by Dr. Jeffrey Cleveland, the medical director for the Carolinas HealthCare System, a not-for-profit health care system with more than 900 comprehensive care locations in North and South Carolina. Jeffrey shares his thoughts on how to leverage health information exchange technologies for the benefit of the patient.
Jeffrey answers the following questions:
- Can you share with us some of the ways you leverage health information exchange technologies at Carolinas HealthCare System to better treat patients?
- From your own experience growing your network of data exchange partners, what kind of collaboration is required between regions, states, health care organizations and more to achieve better care?
- What are some of the challenges to interoperability and open platforms that you are seeing and how do you think we can overcome them?
- Are there any regulatory updates that will influence the power of HIE?
- Interoperability and open data exchange are key issues in the health care industry. How do you see these progressing in the years to come?
Listen to the full podcast below, or click here to view all episodes of The Cerner Podcast!