In this episode, Cerner global leaders Matthew Pickett and Colin Fincham, MD, have a conversation about Sweden’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic with Carolina Wallenius, senior director and general manager for Cerner Sweden.
Tune in to hear Carolina answer these questions:
- Were any infection-limiting controls implemented for Sweden’s citizens at the beginning of the pandemic?
- How did the government educate the public around managing personal health and the risk to family, friends and the community?
- Has Sweden experienced challenges in public behaviors as the pandemic continues?
- Now, six months into the pandemic, is the sense within Sweden that the approach taken was correct?
- How has technology been effective in managing COVID-19 in Sweden?
- How might technology be used to support the health care industry in mitigating future outbreaks?
Listen to the podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."
More like this:
- 190: Australia’s COVID-19 lockdowns – Listen time: 21:21
- 188: COVID-19’s global impact on health care – Listen time: 21:12
- The international response to COVID-19 – 2-minute read