Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
In this episode, Cerner global leaders Matthew Pickett and Colin Fincham, M.D., are joined by Cerner U.K.’s Andrea Dantas, M.D., director and physician executive, and Charlie Evans, population health analytics team manager, to discuss the role of technology and data in the U.K.’s successful COVID-19 vaccination efforts.
“The mass vaccinations are going super well in the U.K. It brings us a lot of optimism. We did move quickly through the priority groups. The target remains to vaccinate everybody above 70 by the end of February.” – Andrea Dantas, M.D.
“Cerner has developed a number of risk stratification algorithms to predict whether someone would be hospitalized if they were to be diagnosed with COVID-19, and some of our clients are using these algorithms to help prioritize who should be getting the vaccination first.” – Charlie Evans
Listen to Dr. Dantas and Charlie answer these questions:
- How is the U.K. doing with managing the pandemic, and how have things changed over the last 12 months? (3:55)
- What are some of the highlights of the U.K.’s COVID-19 response? (8:20)
- How is the U.K. able to administer vaccines at such a rapid pace? (11:58)
- How is the U.K. ensuring that vaccines are distributed equitably to the populations who need them most? (16:03)
- How has Cerner data and technology helped health care organizations in the U.K. deliver better care throughout the pandemic? (19:36)
- Cerner COVID-19 resources
More like this: