On this episode, Mark Mellott of Cerner Government Services sits down for a conversation with General Don Scott, who served in the U.S. Army throughout the Vietnam War and rose to the rank of brigadier general. As a member of the Cerner Government Advisory Board, he is part of a distinguished group that helps us navigate the unique needs of our federal clients.
General Scott answers these questions:
- What has been your experience with health care as a Service member and as a Veteran? What works and what needs improvement?
- What do people need to know about the Veterans who receive care through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health system?
- How has the Cerner Government Advisory Board evolved since its inception to better meet the needs of Veterans?
- How will the VA Electronic Health Record Modernization program spur greater innovation and interoperability in the U.S. health care system at-large?
- How will your role on the board help drive change for Cerner's federal partners?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."