In this episode, Cerner’s David Wilcox talks to Teresa Freeman, vice president, chief nursing officer and chief clinical informatics officer for West Tennessee Healthcare. In 2019, West Tennessee Healthcare achieved zero nursing citations from the Joint Commission.
Tune in to hear Teresa answer these questions:
- Why is it important for nursing documentation to tell the patient story?
- What was it like to execute a documentation optimization project?
- How does the optimization project success connect to West Tennessee Healthcare achieving zero citations?
- What challenges did West Tennessee Healthcare face during its optimization journey?
- What’s your advice for health systems that want to streamline their nursing documentation to improve care quality?
- What’s next for West Tennessee Healthcare’s continuous improvement efforts?
Hear the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."