Meaningful use stage 3 mandates that all hospitals and eligible health care professional use certified electronic health record systems in 2018, but some organizations are choosing to attest later this year. In this episode of The Cerner Podcast, we chat about this topic with Lori Johnson, assistant director of ambulatory quality at University of Missouri Healthcare, a comprehensive academic health center in Columbia, Missouri.
In this episode, Lori answers these five questions:
- Meaningful Use stage 3 takes dedication and time commitment. What resources does an organization need to help ensure a successful transition?
- Several new workflows have been introduced around new objectives and functionalities. Which workflows do you recommend your peers spending more time on?
- There are patient engagement objectives with stage 3. What are some of them and what are you doing to meet these requirements?
- At the end of the day, even if you have the best technology and tools, it's the patient that needs to make their health a priority. How do you encourage patients to get involved?
- Meaningful Use has been around since 2011. After stage 3 is mandated next year, how do you see the health care industry evolving?
Listen to the full podcast below, or click here to view all episodes of The Cerner Podcast!