More and more, organizations across the county are engaging in workplace wellness programs for their employees. People spend more than half of their waking hours at work, making the workplace a very strategic and convenient place to impact an individual's health and behaviors.
In this episode of The Cerner Podcast, Michelle Robin, chiropractor, author and founder of Your Wellness Connection shares her insights on what works when it comes to wellness programs.
In this episode, Michelle answers the following questions:
- Many people understand the importance of eating healthy and exercise. Where does well-being fit in to the equation?
- You often speak about the quadrants of well-being. What are those attributes?
- The health care system is overwhelmed with retiring baby boomers and the increasing prevalence of chronic disease such as strokes, heart disease and diabetes. How can preventative health care impact this growing trend?
- As a society, we spend more time at work then we do at home. What simple, actionable steps can employers take to improve the well-being of their employees?
- What are the keys to defining and leading a healthy culture in the workplace?
Listen to the full podcast below, or click here to view all episodes of The Cerner Podcast!