In this episode, we’re joined by Hans Buitendijk, director, interoperability strategy, Cerner. We talk with Hans about how hospitals and health systems are dealing with the dual risks of natural disasters and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Listen to him answer these questions:
- How will the combination of pandemic and natural disasters put extra strain on the health system throughout the country?
- In what ways is the pandemic changing how health care organizations approach their IT infrastructures?
- What role is interoperability playing in managing these dual risks?
- How can data and analytics help providers manage the urgency and needs of natural disasters and pandemic care?
- What should hospitals and health systems do now to help each other manage these challenges?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."