In this episode, Mark Mellott of Cerner Government Services has a conversation with two combat Veterans who are members of the Cerner Government Advisory Board: retired United States Army Col. Greg Gadson and Dr. James Peake, retired lieutenant general and former Secretary of Veterans Affairs (VA).
They answer these questions:
- What's it like to transition from active duty to civilian life and seek care through VA and the private sector?
- How will an integrated health record help Service members and Veterans receive better care throughout their lifetime?
- How will an integrated military and Veteran health record help alleviate the confusion that can happen when shuffling across different venues of care?
- How does information that’s gathered at the point of injury in combat impact a Service member’s journey of treatment and care? Can employing new technology at this first point of care help improve the process?
- What advice would you share with Veterans in the Pacific Northwest who will experience the first go-lives for the VA Electronic Health Record Modernization program next year?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."