As the director of the Health Innovation Initiative and executive director of its CEO Council on Health and Innovation, Janet spoke to us about how the health care industry is keeping a close eye on the new administration and how it will have an impact on health care.
In this episode, Janet answers five questions:
- A lot of administration changes have happened since the transition. Where are we at today, in terms of what we know about the current Trump administration and how it interacts with Congress?
- Tell us a little bit about what HSS Secretary Tom Price brings to the new administration?
- It's clear health care policy is undergoing significant change with discussions surrounding repeal and replace. What do you see happening with ACA?
- At the end of 2016, congress passed the 21st Century Cures Act, bipartisan legislation that promotes research, innovation and the development of new treatments for cancer and other chronic disease. What are you the most hopeful for as a result of that law?
- What do you see as the top three bipartisanship opportunities in 2017 in health care?