In this episode, we share a sneak peek of a conversation around healthcare leadership with Lu de Souza, MD, chief medical officer, Cerner, and Tom Lawrie, MD, chief medical officer, Sharp HealthCare in San Diego, California. The full podcast, which includes video, will be available for 2021 Cerner Health Forum attendees within the virtual platform.
“Moving into this role of chief medical officer, I really saw the clinicians as my new patients. Where I wasn't taking care of patients at the bedside very much anymore, I would be taking care of those who would be taking care of patients.” – Tom Lawrie, MD
Listen to the preview to hear Dr. Lawrie answer these questions:
- How have you adapted your leadership style to meet the realities of these extraordinary times?
- What does visibility look like for you as a leader?
Register for Cerner Health Forum to get access to the rest of the episode where Dr. Lawrie answers these questions:
- What are the most significant lessons you’ve learned during COVID-19, and what legacy will they create beyond the pandemic?
- How has technology and data helped Sharp HealthCare navigate the challenges of the pandemic?
- How can healthcare professionals be more effective leaders?
Cerner Health Forum, April 29-30, will provide the information, collaboration and experience of an in-person conference in a two-day, live, virtual event featuring health care IT innovation, education sessions and next-level thinking. Learn more here.