The Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) project is critical to providing seamless care for Veterans, Service members and their families, and for achieving interoperability between the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD). The VA Innovative Technology Advancement Lab (VITAL) was designed to increase EHRM adoption by clinicians, promote industry standardization and improve the use of advanced analytics in care delivery.
In this episode, Chris Higginbotham, Cerner’s director of change management, sits down with Jill Draime, acting executive director of change management for the military’s Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization.
Jill answers these questions:
- How did VITAL come about, and how does it fit within the EHRM project?
- How will VITAL improve the Veteran health care experience?
- How does VITAL fit with the other training programs offered to clinicians as part of EHRM? What makes VITAL different from other programs?
- How does VITAL use the lessons learned from DoD to educate VA clinicians on the new EHR?
- Which clinicians have the opportunity to participate in VITAL, and how are they are chosen?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."
Don't miss an episode! Subscribe to the "Perspectives on Health and Tech" podcast today on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music or Stitcher.