India, a country of 1.3 billion people, has the second-highest number of COVID-19 cases globally, but its mortality rate is surprisingly low compared to other countries with high infection rates.
In this episode, Cerner global leaders Matthew Pickett and Colin Fincham, M.D., are joined by Praveen Gurpur, M.D., senior healthcare integration partner, Cerner India, for a conversation about how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the world’s second-most populous country.
Listen to Dr. Gurpur answer these questions:
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted day-to-day life in India?
- What steps has the government taken to control the spread of the virus? What was the reaction of the population to those controls, and did they work?
- Is India’s COVID-19 mortality rate as low as reported? If so, is it an anomaly in the data, or are other factors at play?
- Could the measures taken to limit the spread of COVID-19 have other measurable, unintended benefits for public health, such as reducing air pollution?
- How has technology been adopted in India to handle the challenges of COVID-19?
Listen to the podcast below, and click here for previous episodes.