On this episode, Mark Mellott of Cerner Government Services talks to Patrick J. Murphy, co-founder and executive chairman of WorkMerk, an education technology company. In 2007, Patrick became the nation’s first Iraq War veteran elected to Congress ─ representing Pennsylvania’s 8th Congressional District until 2011. He also served as the 32nd Under Secretary of the U.S. Army.
As a member of the Cerner Government Advisory Board, Patrick is part of a diverse group of experts who provide insight on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program.
Patrick answers these questions:
- How have your experiences in the federal government and cybersecurity spaces informed your view of how we can provide the best health care for Service members, families and Veterans?
- What’s your personal experience with receiving military health care?
- How will Cerner’s federal work help transform health care for all?
- How does your position as a commissioner of the Cyberspace Solarium Commission relate to federal health care modernization?
- Why should companies participate in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation's Hiring Our Heroes campaign?
- What do you want to accomplish as a member of the Cerner Government Advisory Board?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."