Provider-sponsored health plans are gaining momentum with health systems and hospitals. In this episode of The Cerner Podcast, Bill Copeland, vice chairman and U.S. Life Sciences & Health Care Leader at Deloitte LLP, discusses how this new model is supporting organizations in managing targeted populations.
In this episode, Bill answers the following questions:
- What are some of the trends you're seeing in the industry right now around provider-sponsored health plans?
- What are the challenges and benefits of a provider-sponsored plan?
- Share some of the innovative approaches organizations are using that have been successful.
- In the research you've done, do provider-sponsored plans equate to a better model of care?
- There are more than 220 provider-sponsored plans in the U.S., which represents less than 10 percent of the market. How do you think that will change over the next decade?
Listen to the full podcast below, or click here to view all episodes of The Cerner Podcast!