Health care organizations are facing several regulatory changes over the next several years with the mandatory requirements of Meaningful Use Stage 3 and the value-based payment world of MACRA.
In this episode of The Cerner Podcast, Dawn Ross discusses how organizations can decipher the new rules and adapt to this ever-evolving marketplace. Dawn is the clinical informatics director at IU Health, a comprehensive healthcare system comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied serviced dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana.
In this podcast, Dawn answers these questions:
- Meaningful Use stage 3 takes a lot of resourcing and time commitment. How did you get everyone aligned in the organization?
- CMS recently issued its 2018 Medicare Inpatient Prospective Payment System proposed rule, which would modify the EHR reporting periods for hospitals attesting to meaningful use. Does this change your plans at all?
- What are the largest hurdles of stage 3 and how are you addressing those challenges?
- What impact will stage three have on the patient and how will it help improve outcomes?
- What advice do you have for your peers who are developing their strategy for the next year?
Listen to the full podcast below, or click here to view all episodes of The Cerner Podcast!