The expectations for health care in the workplace have shifted greatly for both employers, associations and employees. Today, self-insured member organizations and employers have an interest in engaging employees in their health and care to help create a culture of well-being, manage health care spend, improve lives and recruit and retain employees and members. There are a myriad of ways to engage employees and members in their health and hurdles to overcome.
In this episode of Perspectives on Health and Tech, we’re joined by Bridget Gibbons, principal, Onward HealthCare Consulting, LLC and Mike Heckman, vice president and general manager, Cerner Population Health Services. They are here to talk about how member organizations and employers can effectively engage employees in their health.
Bridget and Mike discuss the following topics:
- What engagement issues most perplex unions and other employer organizations? How can they overcome these issues?
- What stakeholder collaborations prove most fruitful in engaging employees and members in their health care?
- What engagement programs have the most impact with consumers?
- What is the role of HR consultants in meeting the current challenges of engaging consumers?
- What engagement strategies should organizations emulate? What should be avoided?
Listen to the full podcast below, or click here to view all episodes of Perspectives on Health and Tech!