Cyberattacks are happening in the health care industry at an alarming rate and some speculate that health care organizations will be the most targeted sector in 2017. As this trend continues to climb, the government has enacted regulatory changes around the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule requirements.
In this episode of The Cerner Podcast, Francois Bodhuin, IT director at Inspira Health Network, a nonprofit health care organization in South Jersey, shares the best practices on how organizations can improve the security of patient information.
- What is the current state of health care cybersecurity in our country?
- What is the role of HITECH in the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule and what impact does it have on the provider - business associate dynamic?
- Between health care providers and their business associates/vendors, who is ultimately responsible to protect private data?
- How can providers improve business selection and management to meet regulatory compliance?
- An organization discovers it has a breach - now what?
Listen to the full episode below, or click here to view all episodes of The Cerner Podcast!