In this episode, we’re joined by Dr. Srinivasan Suresh, vice president, CIO and CMIO at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. He answers these questions:
- What are the technological and strategic advances that have brought us to where we are today with patient portals?
- How have personal health records changed the way health care providers engage consumers in the pediatric setting?
- What are the largest barriers that hospital administrators experience when implementing patient portals and other engagement tools? How can they overcome these challenges?
- How are health care leaders working to further improve interoperability and usability?
- How will personal health records be used to further enhance care and communications in the future?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."