Health care organizations are faced with staffing challenges every day, whether it’s a shortage of physicians and nurses or labor costs overruns. Like other industries, health care is turning to predictive analytics to strategically plan for the future.
In this episode of The Cerner Podcast, Dr. Bob Dent shares how weaving the art and science of staffing to align nurse assignments can improve patient outcomes. Bob is the senior vice president, chief operating officer and chief nursing officer at Midland Memorial Hospital in Midland, Texas.
In this episode, Bob discusses the following talking points:
- Describe how your organization uses predictive intelligence to manage workforce and the variability of demand.
- Healthcare leaders use workforce planning and development to forecast the care team configuration that will best meet the needs of patient and the talents needed to ensure future success. What are the benefits of predictive intelligence in managing the workforce of the future?
- Where do you see predictive analytics and artificial intelligence providing support to manage hospital operations in a value based reimbursement model?
- Describe how predictive intelligence impacts the patient experience.
- How do you see predictive analytics progressing in the health care industry over the next 5-10 years?
Listen to the full podcast below, or click here to view all episodes of The Cerner Podcast!