Cloud computing in health care is on the rise as organizations address agility, cost savings, performance, compliance and innovation. So how do organizations address legal concerns and remain HIPAA compliant while making the move to the cloud?
Deanna Wise, executive vice president and chief information officer at Dignity Health, a California-based not-for-profit organization that operates hospital and ancillary care facilities in three states, shares her insights on this topic. Deanna has been in the information technology field since 1989 and health care IT since 1994.
In this episode, Deanna answers these five questions:
- What are the options available to health care organizations looking to securely store digital patient information?
- How does this differ from options available to other industries?
- You have great experience transitioning your organization to the cloud. What are some of the challenges or obstacles associated with this type of transition?
- On the other hand, what are some of the benefits that organizations can hope to achieve from this shift?
- What criteria should provider organizations consider when determining if this could is right for them?
Listen to Deanna's full episode below, or click here to view all episodes of The Cerner Podcast!