The health care industry is a complex and rapidly changing market that is dependent on effective adoption, deployment, and use of health information technology.
Chilmark Research is a global research and advisory firm that focuses on HIT solutions that hold the greatest promise to transform and improve patient care, such as HIEs, cloud computing, and remote monitoring and telemedicine.
On Episode 20 of The Cerner Podcast, Janice Young, director of Chilmark Research, discusses what's trending right now and how the industry will evolve over the next decade.
On this episode, Janice answers these questions:
- Based on Chilmark's holistic and analytical view of the industry, what marketplace trends are you seeing and are you surprised by any of these trends?
- Can you tell us a bit more about Chilmark's focus on the provider-payer convergence? What does this mean?
- How is the provider-payer convergence manifesting itself in the industry today and where do you see it evolving?
- You've written a lot about the emergence of value-based technology strategies. Can you tell us more about what this means for providers?
- Are there any focus areas or new reports that Chilmark is considering adding in 2017?
Listen to Janice's full episode below, orclick here to view all episodes of The Cerner Podcast!