On this episode, we start a four-part series on the opioid crisis. We are joined by Alan Staples and Leslie Lindsey ─ two of Cerner’s experts on patient safety ─ and Dr. Mike Fadden, Cerner chief medical officer.
Alan asks Leslie and Dr. Fadden these questions:
- How does the opioid crisis impact urban and rural communities differently, and how are providers being supported in serving both of these populations well?
- How is this crisis affecting providers, and what can be done to help them deliver better care?
- Is it possible to focus too much on preventing opioid abuse and not enough on managing it?
- What are some innovative ways that health care organizations are addressing the opioid problem?
- What gives you hope that we can end this crisis?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."