On this episode, the second in a four-part series on the opioid crisis, we are joined by Alan Staples, a leader in Cerner’s opioid management and patient safety strategy. Alan answers these questions:
- How are health care organizations using prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) to support care teams and patients in the opioid crisis?
- What else, beyond PDMPs, is being used for safer pain and opioid management?
- How is the health care industry engaging with patients who are suffering from opioid addiction?
- How can health systems use data and analytics to combat the opioid crisis?
- What new technology is on the horizon to help combat the opioid crisis?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."