In this episode, we’re joined by Becky Fox, chief nursing informatics officer and assistant vice president at Atrium Health in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Atrium Health network includes more than 40 hospitals and 900 care locations ranging from doctors’ offices to behavioral health centers to nursing homes.
Becky answers the following questions:
- What’s clinical informatics, and how does this specialty improve health care delivery?
- What are the challenges of balancing business, strategic and financial skills with clinical knowledge? Why are these skills important for clinicians to master?
- What’s a real-world example of how business skills, data sources and clinical knowledge can improve patient care and advance organizational goals?
- How can clinicians strengthen their business acumen?
- How will health care change as clinician leaders become more involved in business and financial decision-making within their health care organizations?
Listen to the full podcast below, and click here for previous episodes of "Perspectives on Health and Tech."